Effective date: 12 March 2014
- THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOLD
Our primary purpose in collecting your personal information and other data is to provide you with our services as a lender and, at our discretion, extend a loan to you. The information we obtain from our customers also helps us personalise and continually improve our customers’ experience at this website. You must not give us inaccurate or incorrect information, or omit to provide us with information as we may not be able to provide you with our lending services.
We collect and/or track the following types of information listed below. Your information is held and updated electronically from the information your give us and arising from your activities from time to time:
1 Application and Loan Information you provide to us or which we otherwise receive
In applying for our products and services, you provide us with a range of information. In addition, we collect relevant information from other sources. These types of information include:
- The personal information you provide to us through our on-line loan application forms, registration forms and surveys including your name, address, occupation, age, gender, your e-mail addresses, and financial information.
- Information about your transactions with us or others, such as payment history and loan balances, and information you provide when you contact our customer service department.
- Information we receive from third parties, such as credit bureaus, consumer credit reporting bodies and other lenders, regarding creditworthiness and credit history.
- Information we receive from third parties, such as lead providers and others.
2 Website and e-mail related information
We collect the following types of website related information:
- Information in relation to your web page "http headers" and home server domain names, IP address, the type of computer you are using, and the type of Web browser you are using.
- We also collect information, on what pages visitors to our website access. This information can be both user specific or collected in aggregate.
- We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with our website. For example, like many websites, we use “cookies” to obtain certain types of information when your web browser accesses our website and when you login, such as: your name and your email address. Cookies are pieces of information that are transferred to your computer’s hard drive via your web browser. They allow us to provide you with a more convenient and personalised transaction experience by recording information about your preferences.
A web browser is usually set to accept cookies automatically but can be changed to decline them. The "Help" section of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie or how to disable cookies altogether. In most cases, a visitor may refuse a cookie and still fully navigate our website.
Please note that the information in our cookies can be requested only by our website. Your browser will not pass these cookies to any other site.
- The email addresses of visitors that communicate with us via email.
- To ensure that we are providing materials of interest to you, we may monitor whether you opened a particular email or have clicked on the images and/or links therein. Our email communications may include HTML-based email messages, which includes an invisible coded sensor that is activated when the email message is opened. This sensor communicates the date and time the message was opened and, more importantly, whether your computer is capable of receiving HTML-based email. You will receive a functioning sensor only if your computer is enabled to accept HTML email.
- Your telephone calls to us may also be monitored and recorded for quality assurance and training purposes.
- HOW WE USE THAT INFORMATION AND DISCLOSURE TO THIRD PARTIES
We do not use or disclose your personal information we collect about you except for the purposes permitted under the Privacy Act 1988. We use your personal information and other data provided to us to assess and process your application for credit and at our discretion provide you with credit. We may also use your personal information and other data for such purposes as processing payments, updating our account records, arranging for your repayments improving our website, conducting statistical analysis and for editorial or feedback purposes for our advertisers. We may use your personal information to arrange for debt collection or other credit servicing functions to be performed. We also use your personal information and other data to enhance your experience at our website, and (as described in the next section below) to transmit marketing communications.
We may use and disclose your personal information to perform your instructions and as permitted by the Australian Privacy Principles, any applicable privacy law and/or registered privacy code including where it is unreasonable or impractical to get your consent, to lessen or prevent a serious threat to the life , health or safety of an y individual or, to public health or safety, to take appropriate action in relation to reasonably expected unlawful activity, or misconduct of a serous nature, that relates to the entities functions or activities, as reasonably necessary to exercise or defend a legal or equitable claim or for the purposes of a confidential alternative dispute resolution process.
When you provide your personal information and other data, you are consenting to sharing it with our affiliated entities, and third parties as further described herein:
- Service Providers: We contract with service providers to perform certain functions on our behalf. Examples include database providers who assist in identity verification, magazine publishers, retailers, debt collectors, lead providers and direct marketers. Their access is limited only to the personal information and other data needed to perform their functions, and only for the purpose of performing those functions. We may also disclose information about your transactions with us and your personal information and other data to credit reporting bodies such as Veda Advantage. You may contact Veda Advantage directly to obtain a copy of their credit reporting policy at www.mycreditfile.com.au
- Related Company/Group Transfers: We are part of a larger group of related companies and may need to disclose customer personal information to our affiliates from time to time for administrative and compliance purposes, including the group parent company, Enova International, Inc. in the United States. Those countries may not have the same data protection laws as Australia does. When we transfer your information, we will protect that information according to the applicable Australian privacy law.
- With Your Consent: Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when personal information about you may be shared with third parties not described above, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share your personal information. Naturally, we will always obtain consent where we are required to by law.
- MARKETING, OPT-OUT AND WITHDRAWAL OF CONSENT RIGHTS
We offer you certain choices in connection with the personal information we collect from you such as how we communicate with you.
We may contact you for marketing purposes by e-mail, telephone, mail, SMS, or otherwise. You have the right to opt-out of our use of your personal information and other data for marketing purposes at any time by responding to any of our e-mail communications with “remove” in the subject line, or by sending us an email to [email protected] or by visiting your customer account at www.dollarsdirect.com.au and updating your contact preferences or by responding to a SMS message with the word “STOP”. If you opt-out of our use of your personal information for marketing purposes, we will honour such choice once we have had a reasonable opportunity to process your request. We reserve the right to take reasonable steps to authenticate your identity with respect to any such request or other inquiry.
You may withdraw any consent you previously provided to us, or object at any time on legitimate grounds, to the processing of your personal information. We will apply your preferences going forward within a reasonable amount of time. In some circumstances, withdrawing your consent to our use or disclosure of your personal information will mean that you cannot take advantage of some of our products or services.
- PROTECTING THE SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We maintain reasonable measures to protect security and confidentiality of your personal information and other data, and strive to keep it accurate, and retain only for as long as is necessary. Some of the specific security measures we maintain include:
- We work to protect the security of your personal information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
- We store personal information in a restricted access format.
- We transmit personal information in an encrypted format.
- Our networks are secured with certified firewalls in a multi-layered fashion with redundancy.
- Our network related equipment (e.g., firewalls, routers, switches, etc) are secured with a password, and access is limited to authorized network engineers.
- We restrict the access of customer service support staff so that extremely sensitive personal information cannot be viewed (e.g. full bank account numbers are not revealed, but only a partial number of digits to allow verification).
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorised access to your User ID and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
- CONTACTING US ON PRIVACY RELATED MATTERS AND OBTAINING ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Note -- under the law we are not required to provide access in certain circumstances including (non exclusively) where:
- providing access would have an unreasonable impact upon the privacy of other individuals; or
- the request for access is frivolous or vexatious; or
- the information relates to existing or anticipated legal proceedings between us and you, and the information would not be accessible by the process of discovery in those proceedings; or
- providing access would be unlawful; or
- denying access is required or authorised by or under law; or
- providing access would be likely to prejudice an investigation of possible unlawful activity.
We will usually provide you with access within 30 days of a request but in some circumstances it may take longer. We will give you reasons if we deny access. In addition where providing access would reveal "evaluative information" generated by us in connection with our commercial decision-making (such as our or a credit provider's credit scoring arrangements) we do not have to give you direct access to the information. There is no charge for making an access request but we may apply an administration charge for providing access in accordance with your request.
- CORRECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You have a right to request us to correct your personal information (including credit-related information) held by us if you believe that such information is incorrect. Please contact us using the contact details below. We will usually try to resolve correction requests within 30 days of a request but in some circumstances it may take longer. We will give you reasons if we do not agree to your correction requests. There is no cost involved for you to make a correction request or for the correction of your information.
If you are not satisfied with how we deal with your credit-related complaint you may refer it to the Credit Ombudsman Service Limited (COSL), which is our external dispute resolution scheme. You can contact COSL by:
Post: Credit Ombudsman Service, PO Box A252, South Sydney NSW 1235
Telephone: 1800 138 422 (9.00am – 5.00pm, Monday to Friday, Sydney time)
For COSL's most up-to-date contact details please visit their website at www.cosl.com.au/
- CONTACTING US
Telephone: 1 800 060 892 (8am - 6pm Monday to Friday)
Fax: 1 800 440 981
Post: DollarsDirect 16-18 Grosvenor Street, Sydney NSW 2000
- If approved, borrow up to 2,0251
- Get cash by next business day2
- Perfect credit not required3
- Multiple repayment options4